Discussion about games by other developers.
#359 by peprika
Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:26 am
You guys should totally check out the lemmasoft forums!
It's centered on Ren'py and all the game-making involved with it. There are definitely some VNs that are worth your time! Both free and commercial.

Oh, man. Re: Allistair++ was first VN/sim-dating game I played and definitely the one to get me started into this whole business of playing otome games! I really have to give a round of applause to those who give up their time and effort making VNs for people to enjoy.

Here's the link to the Completed Games section: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=11
Dig around and try out the ones that catch your eye! Seduce Me is pretty popular right now (and should I say, voiced!) and Halloween otome was fun to play :D

Most of the games I played before are all on my laptop (that I can't access T___T), but I'll do some backtracking and link you some that I've enjoyed, sooner or later :^) I'll have to check out the few I haven't heard of yet that some of you have mentioned!
#360 by peprika
Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:30 am
I've tried the mobile ones before, but I may or may not be a little confused...
Nevertheless! I'll earn enough money to just spend it all on otome games in my free time.

The ultimate dream!
#367 by kuppina
Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm
peprika wrote:You guys should totally check out the lemmasoft forums!
It's centered on Ren'py and all the game-making involved with it. There are definitely some VNs that are worth your time! Both free and commercial.

Oh, man. Re: Allistair++ was first VN/sim-dating game I played and definitely the one to get me started into this whole business of playing otome games! I really have to give a round of applause to those who give up their time and effort making VNs for people to enjoy.

Here's the link to the Completed Games section: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=11
Dig around and try out the ones that catch your eye! Seduce Me is pretty popular right now (and should I say, voiced!) and Halloween otome was fun to play :D

Most of the games I played before are all on my laptop (that I can't access T___T), but I'll do some backtracking and link you some that I've enjoyed, sooner or later :^) I'll have to check out the few I haven't heard of yet that some of you have mentioned!

Oh shoot well there goes my social life for the rest of this weekend xD
#394 by smw1cat
Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:02 am
Zeiva is pretty good with games like this. You have to pay for them but you are able to pay a demo of it to see if you like it. You can acquire a physical copy of the game or a digital copy.
#405 by MrTelly
Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:13 am
peprika wrote:You guys should totally check out the lemmasoft forums!

I'll be sure to check it out!
#952 by MissRainicorn
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm
I have an extremely huge list of Visual Novels with an Otome element that I loved... I'm too invested in this world for my own good. I mean, just look at the size of this file.

... Yes. I might have a problem.

Good thing is, I DO have some visual novels to reccomend you. And yes, all of these have that otome element that all of us shamelessly love. All of these are free except for The Royal Trap.

BE AWARE THAT THIS POST IS GOING TO BE LONG.

1. Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem, by the wonderful http://azalynestudios.tumblr.com/. This is, in fact, a demo - full game will be released sometime in early next year - but trust me, it's the best demo you'll play in your life. I cannot stress how utterly awesome this game is - and is going to be.

The seven kingdoms are on the brink of war. The only thing that may be able to prevent that is the Summit, where seven delegates from each kingdom are chosen to remain in a neutral island for seven weeks. They are expected to perform admirably to impress everyone and, in the meantime, form valuable alliances that will benefit their respective kingdoms.

One of the delegates for this year's Summit is... exactly, you! You get to create and customize your own character through different choices (which unfortunately make it unable to have an actual MC portrait, since it'd make the game HUGE), making them from the background of your preference (different backgrounds are unlocked with different skills). Your performance in the Summit depends entirely on the choices you make and the skills you decide to focus on. You will meet the delegates from the other kingdoms, receive invitations (if you manage to get along with them), host events, explore the castle where the Summit takes place... and perhaps even fall in love, or encounter a beneficial political marriage. It's up to you. And the amount of customization you can have is so huge, it's hard to keep track of everything.

Since it's not the final game, there is no real outcome yet, so there's no way of knowing how many endings it'll have. You can romance almost every delegate you meet, though. And the full game will include so many other things... it's hard not to be overcome with anticipation!

Just... just play it. It's the best decision you'll ever make... or the worst. I can't stop thinking about this game since I gave it my first go. Seriously, this game is visual novel goals. I WISH I could create something like this.

JUST PLAY IT ALREADY.

2. Halloween Otome, by http://synokoria.tumblr.com/Halloween_Otome, is a much simpler kind of game. I honestly did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did, but... oh, man, this game. I couldn't play it in front of other people because I was smiling like an idiot the whole time. And squealing. Like, actually-having-to-cover-mouth-with-hands kind of squealing. That's how freaking CUTE this game is. It's ADORABLE. It's just... such a beautiful cinnamon roll of a game.

The storyline is, like I said, quite simple: you play as a girl (you get to name her) who wins a contest on the radio and gets to go to a super-special Halloween event, hosted on a huge mansion owned by super-famous Erik and filled with equally uber-famous guests. This event consists of several weeks, during which guests are divided into teams and made to play intrincately made games (seriously, this thing probably would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make) with the sole aim of amusement. There is one most important rule, however - guests are not allowed to be seen by other guests without their costumes, and their identities must not be known by any other guest - except the host himself, of course.

It has three possible pursuable guys, which are all pretty amazing in their own way, to be honest. You'd expect it to be short, but it's actually quite a long game - and a very fulfilling experience. Very, indeed... If you like a fun story with loveable, extremely cute and super-easy-on-the-eyes characters (and ADORABLE CGs too), you should totally play this one.

3. The Royal Trap, by http://www.hanakogames.com/royaltrap.shtml. Who doesn't love themselves some palace intrigues? I sure as heck do.

I think someone already recommended this one. You play as Madeline Valois, a prince's companion. As such, you posess exquisite etiquette and knowledge of the inner workings of palaces... and if that wasn't enough, you're a dope swordswoman. Like, seriously dope. Assassins-better-watch-their-back dope. You arrive at a foreign kingdom where a princess is celebrating her birthday, in hopes of matching her with your protected prince. Who is, by the way, very inconveniently in love with you. Ah, but he isn't the only man in the world - nor in the game, for that matter. Various romances are possible, and the game has fifteen different endings for your playing pleasure. Of course, there are also CGs, which is always awesome. I think it's a very interesting game and definitely worth a shot.

Besides, this game is from the same studios that created Long Live the Queen, which is another incredible game I've also seen recommended around here. That should be worth something!

4. Memoirs of an Angel, which you can find in this topic http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17889&sid=88fe102a4960f0d6ae90c2f3bd79dec8. I found this game a couple years ago and thought it was awesome. Couldn't let it go until I played the whole thing.

You play as Zuleika, who was the princess of the kingdom before a tyrant called Nefferon decided he was better suited for the throne than you. One day, a mysterious man shows up at your window and tries to take you away from the castle, where you've been imprisoned since the tyrant seized the throne. It's up to you to go or stay, and the decisions you make from that point onward will shape the story accordingly. You will meet four different men (two if you choose to go and two if you choose to stay) who will become dear to you, in more than one way.

It's not a long game, but its story is very interesting and the characters are... well, you'll see. They're special. It includes some fun mini-games too! I thought it was a very intriguing little game, and I was more than thrilled to know that a remake was in the making. A remake which looked very, very promising (http://anigrams-games.tumblr.com/memoirs) but that, unfortunately, I believe is on hiatus, since the creator hasn't given any news about it in... well, a very long time. Which is a shame. But you can still enjoy the 2010 version!

5. Planets: the life of normalcy has ended!, which is in this thread right here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11779. You play as a normal girl who suddenly acquires the ability to read minds and, as a result, has to be sent to a special school for people like her, who posess extraordinary abilities. Here's where you'll build your "new" life! And meet some cute guys in the process ~

The initial premise is obviously not complex and might not sound all that promising, but you'll go around discovering things as you play the different routes. The main heroine is loveable, and the rest of characters are very easy to get attached to. I found it a fun, engaging experience. I might be a bit biased because it's one of the first VNs I ever played, but I still think it's worth the try!

Whew. This will have to be all for now, since I wasn't planning to write an Otome Bible... but I have some more suggestions if any of you would like to hear them! Just message me or reply on this thread or whatever if you'd like ~

I hope you have fun with these!
#957 by Cristina
Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:18 pm
Thank you so much for the 'Otome Bible'! I played Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem and I'm in love with the game. It's absolutely amazing and brilliant and all the praise that I can't think of. You can play it countless times without getting bored. I'm now gonna try Memoirs of an Angel. I'd love to try any other games that you recommend :D
#983 by MissRainicorn
Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:28 pm
Cristina wrote:Thank you so much for the 'Otome Bible'! I played Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem and I'm in love with the game. It's absolutely amazing and brilliant and all the praise that I can't think of. You can play it countless times without getting bored. I'm now gonna try Memoirs of an Angel. I'd love to try any other games that you recommend :D

Aw, you're very much welcome! I'll send you a private message with some more game recs, just not to spam the thread!
#984 by Rhiannon
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:50 am
MissRainicorn wrote:I have an extremely huge list of Visual Novels with an Otome element that I loved... I'm too invested in this world for my own good. I mean, just look at the size of this file.

... Yes. I might have a problem.

Good thing is, I DO have some visual novels to reccomend you. And yes, all of these have that otome element that all of us shamelessly love. All of these are free except for The Royal Trap.

BE AWARE THAT THIS POST IS GOING TO BE LONG.

1. Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem, by the wonderful http://azalynestudios.tumblr.com/. This is, in fact, a demo - full game will be released sometime in early next year - but trust me, it's the best demo you'll play in your life. I cannot stress how utterly awesome this game is - and is going to be.

The seven kingdoms are on the brink of war. The only thing that may be able to prevent that is the Summit, where seven delegates from each kingdom are chosen to remain in a neutral island for seven weeks. They are expected to perform admirably to impress everyone and, in the meantime, form valuable alliances that will benefit their respective kingdoms.

One of the delegates for this year's Summit is... exactly, you! You get to create and customize your own character through different choices (which unfortunately make it unable to have an actual MC portrait, since it'd make the game HUGE), making them from the background of your preference (different backgrounds are unlocked with different skills). Your performance in the Summit depends entirely on the choices you make and the skills you decide to focus on. You will meet the delegates from the other kingdoms, receive invitations (if you manage to get along with them), host events, explore the castle where the Summit takes place... and perhaps even fall in love, or encounter a beneficial political marriage. It's up to you. And the amount of customization you can have is so huge, it's hard to keep track of everything.

Since it's not the final game, there is no real outcome yet, so there's no way of knowing how many endings it'll have. You can romance almost every delegate you meet, though. And the full game will include so many other things... it's hard not to be overcome with anticipation!

Just... just play it. It's the best decision you'll ever make... or the worst. I can't stop thinking about this game since I gave it my first go. Seriously, this game is visual novel goals. I WISH I could create something like this.

JUST PLAY IT ALREADY.

2. Halloween Otome, by http://synokoria.tumblr.com/Halloween_Otome, is a much simpler kind of game. I honestly did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did, but... oh, man, this game. I couldn't play it in front of other people because I was smiling like an idiot the whole time. And squealing. Like, actually-having-to-cover-mouth-with-hands kind of squealing. That's how freaking CUTE this game is. It's ADORABLE. It's just... such a beautiful cinnamon roll of a game.

The storyline is, like I said, quite simple: you play as a girl (you get to name her) who wins a contest on the radio and gets to go to a super-special Halloween event, hosted on a huge mansion owned by super-famous Erik and filled with equally uber-famous guests. This event consists of several weeks, during which guests are divided into teams and made to play intrincately made games (seriously, this thing probably would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make) with the sole aim of amusement. There is one most important rule, however - guests are not allowed to be seen by other guests without their costumes, and their identities must not be known by any other guest - except the host himself, of course.

It has three possible pursuable guys, which are all pretty amazing in their own way, to be honest. You'd expect it to be short, but it's actually quite a long game - and a very fulfilling experience. Very, indeed... If you like a fun story with loveable, extremely cute and super-easy-on-the-eyes characters (and ADORABLE CGs too), you should totally play this one.

3. The Royal Trap, by http://www.hanakogames.com/royaltrap.shtml. Who doesn't love themselves some palace intrigues? I sure as heck do.

I think someone already recommended this one. You play as Madeline Valois, a prince's companion. As such, you posess exquisite etiquette and knowledge of the inner workings of palaces... and if that wasn't enough, you're a dope swordswoman. Like, seriously dope. Assassins-better-watch-their-back dope. You arrive at a foreign kingdom where a princess is celebrating her birthday, in hopes of matching her with your protected prince. Who is, by the way, very inconveniently in love with you. Ah, but he isn't the only man in the world - nor in the game, for that matter. Various romances are possible, and the game has fifteen different endings for your playing pleasure. Of course, there are also CGs, which is always awesome. I think it's a very interesting game and definitely worth a shot.

Besides, this game is from the same studios that created Long Live the Queen, which is another incredible game I've also seen recommended around here. That should be worth something!

4. Memoirs of an Angel, which you can find in this topic http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17889&sid=88fe102a4960f0d6ae90c2f3bd79dec8. I found this game a couple years ago and thought it was awesome. Couldn't let it go until I played the whole thing.

You play as Zuleika, who was the princess of the kingdom before a tyrant called Nefferon decided he was better suited for the throne than you. One day, a mysterious man shows up at your window and tries to take you away from the castle, where you've been imprisoned since the tyrant seized the throne. It's up to you to go or stay, and the decisions you make from that point onward will shape the story accordingly. You will meet four different men (two if you choose to go and two if you choose to stay) who will become dear to you, in more than one way.

It's not a long game, but its story is very interesting and the characters are... well, you'll see. They're special. It includes some fun mini-games too! I thought it was a very intriguing little game, and I was more than thrilled to know that a remake was in the making. A remake which looked very, very promising (http://anigrams-games.tumblr.com/memoirs) but that, unfortunately, I believe is on hiatus, since the creator hasn't given any news about it in... well, a very long time. Which is a shame. But you can still enjoy the 2010 version!

5. Planets: the life of normalcy has ended!, which is in this thread right here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11779. You play as a normal girl who suddenly acquires the ability to read minds and, as a result, has to be sent to a special school for people like her, who posess extraordinary abilities. Here's where you'll build your "new" life! And meet some cute guys in the process ~

The initial premise is obviously not complex and might not sound all that promising, but you'll go around discovering things as you play the different routes. The main heroine is loveable, and the rest of characters are very easy to get attached to. I found it a fun, engaging experience. I might be a bit biased because it's one of the first VNs I ever played, but I still think it's worth the try!

Whew. This will have to be all for now, since I wasn't planning to write an Otome Bible... but I have some more suggestions if any of you would like to hear them! Just message me or reply on this thread or whatever if you'd like ~

I hope you have fun with these!

Oh my goodness I loved like all the stuff you recommended especially 7kpp, thats definitely one of my favorite otome games ever! do you have anymore recommendations?